Can we help you?
If you are interested on receiving more information about Bonpilates products, don´t hesitate on contacting us. You can send us and email, or just leave your phone number and We will call you!
Classical Pilates Equipment for professional and private use
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Classical Pilates?
Classic Pilates is a program of slow and controlled exercises that are developed in a certain order and in a fluid way. The main objective is the improvement of muscular balance, flexibility and precision, due to the fact that a great technical conscience is required for its practice. The base of the Classic Pilates is called center because the movement of the body is always produced from its nucleus, which serves to stabilize and generate energy for movement. From a stable center the necessary control is obtained for the practice of the Original Pilates and to find it, the concentration is fundamental. The part of the spine is the most important in Classic Pilates, seeking mobility and stability. The continued practice of this method can correct postural problems. The breathing has a fundamental role, since the correct execution of an exercise depends on the coordination of the movement with the adequate breathing.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CLASSIC PILATES?
- Body postural improvement. In Classic Pilates, the muscles of the back and abdomen are mainly worked. With continued practice, the back becomes stronger and as a consequence, you walk more upright.
- Improves sleep cycles. A session of Traditional Pilates in addition to toning, relaxes the body. The only condition is to allow time for the body to assimilate the exercises and reach the state of rest.
- It serves as a complementary training. Pilates is a perfect practice to complement cardio activities aimed at losing calories such as running, swimming or cycling.
- Provides personal knowledge. The connection between body and mind is one of the fundamental objectives of Classic Pilates. Its practice brings awareness of one’s own body, experiencing its limits.
PILATES CLÁSICO VS. PILATES CONTEMPORÁNEO
- Order and transition. In Classic Pilates the exercises are carried out following a sequential and systematic order with fluid transitions between one and the other. On the contrary, in its evolution, this hierarchy can change from one session to another and the exercises are taught separately.
- Sequence. In Classical Pilates, the sessions have a progressive introduction, development and outcome, while in the evolved Pilates the exercises are carried out as most appropriate for the person practicing it or the instructor.
- Level of concentration. Focused on the movement, the series and transitions, the Original Pilates requires to keep the mind calm. On the other hand, in Contemporary Pilates you lose that concentration when you stop between exercises.
- Development of resistance. The Classic Pilates works on a system of linked movement, which improves the resistance of the body. On the contrary, in the evolved system the exercises are performed in a fragmented way, which focuses on improving other physical conditions such as flexibility.